The Mitchell Falls Discoverer Scenic Flight tours are about the most popular scenic flights on offer in Western Australia and not just Kununurra and the Kimberley.
DATES AVAILABLE: May to August - Thursday and Saturday
DURATION: Full day plane + helicopter tour
TIME: 6:00am to 3:00pm
Majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. View the Ord Irrigation area, Cockburn Range, King George Falls, Berkeley River, Cambridge Gulf, Mitchell Falls and Wyndham mud flats. Land and hike 4.5km to the Mitchell Falls and enjoy two thrilling helicopter flights.
- Fly by plane over the Ord River Irrigation Area, Carlton Hill Station, Wyndham and the Cambridge Gulf to the coast.
- View beautifully patterned mud flats near Wyndham at the mouth of the Ord and King Rivers.
- Marvel at the Berkeley River Gorge, King George Falls, and Kalumburu.
- Land at the remote Mitchell Plateau airstrip to transfer to a HeliSpirit helicopter and fly to the start of the walk to the falls.
- Enjoy a guided 4.5 km hike into the Mitchell Falls viewing rock art, Little and Big Mertens falls along the walk. This is a difficult and uneven track with river crossings, which can be slippery. There is an option of taking a helicopter transfer instead of walking, this is an additional $160 per person. There is a limited time for the walk, therefore if you are unsure of your walking capabilities, please book the helicopter transfer.
- Time to explore the falls and swim.
- Picnic lunch is included in a shoulder bag which you carry.
- Fly by helicopter taking off above the falls and flying over them for great photo opportunities. Land at the airstrip to transfer to your plane.
- Return to Kununurra flying over El Questro and the Cockburn Range.
What to bring: Swimwear, towel and water bottle. Wear sturdy walking shoes that can get wet, light cotton clothing, hat and sunscreen.
- Flight in air-conditioned high quality aeroplanes - the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
- Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
- Use of our air conditioned terminal building
- Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels, and sweets
- Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
- Includes morning tea and lunch.
- Price includes $40 Wunambal Gaambera Fee
For more information on our Mitchell Falls Discoverer Scenic Flight tours call 1300 799 758 now.
Call us 7 days a week!
BLUESUN TRAVEL - BEST IN THE INDUSTRY
BlueSun Travel is fully accredited by AFTA and a member of IATA and CLIA. We are the owners of BluesSun2 Boat Charters, BlueSun Cruises, Kimberley Boat Cruises, Galapagos Boat Cruises, and Best Honeymoon Packages. We are widely regarded at the number one marine and charter boat booking agency in Australia.
from $1,495 pp
from $1,495 pp
from $1,495 pp
AIR TOUR DATES
May to August (unless specified otherwise). Thursday & Saturday.