The Mitchell Falls Discoverer Scenic Flight tours are about the most popular scenic flights on offer in Western Australia and not just Kununurra and the Kimberley.
DATES AVAILABLE: May to August - Thursday and Saturday
DURATION: 9 hours - Full day plane + helicopter tour
TIME: 6:00am to 3:00pm
This full-day trip by plane covers an area the size of central Europe. Majestic waterfalls, cattle stations, wilderness reserves and incredible coastal views will keep you enthralled all day. This value-packed tour includes return scenic flights from Kununurra, thrilling helicopter flights, an optional guided hike and meals.
- Fly by plane over the Ord River Irrigation Area, Carlton Hill Station, Wyndham and the Cambridge Gulf and view beautifully patterned mud flats near Wyndham at the mouth of the Ord and King Rivers.
- Marvel at the remote Kimberley coastline including Berkeley River Gorge, King George Falls, and Kalumburu.
- Land at the remote Mitchell Plateau airstrip to transfer to a HeliSpirit helicopter and fly to the Mitchell Falls Campground.
- Fit and experienced hikers can enjoy a guided 4.5km walk to the top of the Mitchell Falls, discovering ancient Rock Art and waterholes along the way. Alternatively, you can opt to take a short helicopter transfer to the top of the Falls to enjoy more time at the falls at no extra cost.
- Time to explore the falls, enjoy a refreshing swim. Picnic lunch is included in a shoulder bag which you carry.
- Return to the airstrip by helicopter, taking off from the falls and flying over them for great photo opportunities. Land at the airstrip to transfer to your plane.
- Return to Kununurra flying over El Questro, Home Valley Station and the Cockburn Range as the afternoon glow lights up the landscape.
What to bring: Swimwear, towel and water bottle. Wear sturdy walking shoes that can get wet, light cotton clothing, hat and sunscreen.
- Flight in air-conditioned high quality aeroplanes - the newest planes and only air conditioned fleet in Kununurra
- Courtesy transfer to and from our terminal within Kununurra
- Use of our air conditioned terminal building
- Cold bottled water, Ord Valley sandalwood scented refresher towels, and sweets
- Personalised pilot commentary across PA system or personal headsets
- Includes morning tea and lunch.
- Price includes $40 Wunambal Gaambera Fee
For more information on our Mitchell Falls Discoverer Scenic Flight tours call 1300 799 758 now.
Call us 7 days a week!
BLUESUN TRAVEL - BEST IN THE INDUSTRY
BlueSun Travel is fully accredited by AFTA and a member of IATA and CLIA. We are the owners of BluesSun2 Boat Charters, BlueSun Cruises, Kimberley Boat Cruises, Galapagos Boat Cruises, and Best Honeymoon Packages. We are widely regarded at the number one marine and charter boat booking agency in Australia.
from $1,685 pp
from $1,685 pp
from $1,685 pp
AIR TOUR DATES
May to August (unless specified otherwise). Thursday & Saturday.