Explore our Bungle Bungle Explorer Tour.
You will visit: Halls Creek | Purnululu National Park | Bungle Bungle Massif | Dome Walk | Cathedral Gorge | Windjana Gorge
Available: April - September
Duration: Full Day Tour (approx. 11 hours)
Flight Time: 5.5 Hours
Departure: Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
What to Bring: Hat, Sunscreen, Hiking shoes, Sunglasses, Camera
- Departing Broome we track east over the beautiful turquoise waters of Roebuck Bay. Overfly the mighty Fitzroy River, the Fitzroy Crossing township and the stunning Geikie Gorge.
- Enjoy morning tea and a refreshment stop at Halls Creek in the East Kimberley.
- Fly the scenic pattern around the Bungle Bungle Massif marveling at the spectacular domes from above. Sweeping across the Bungle Bungle range, a hidden world of gorges and pools is revealed with fan palms clinging precariously to walls and crevices in the rocks.
- On arrival at the remote Bellburn airstrip you will be met by your tour guide from Kingfisher Tours. You will then embark on your Bungle Bungle adventure to the southern Dome walk in an air-conditioned 4WD with stops along the way for spectacular photo opportunities.
- Enjoy a moderate 3km guided walk amongst the famous eroded towers and black and orange banded beehive structures on the dome walk and into Cathedral Gorge. This short uneven loop takes you up close among the beehive domes, where you can clearly see the different layers of the sediment and the protective banding of the iron oxide and cyanobacteria.
- Follow a meandering creek bed amongst the towering beehive domes and honeycomb rocks to the iconic natural amphitheatre, known as Cathedral Gorge. The Gorge is known for its outstanding acoustics and sheer beauty. There are some steep steps and a ladder within the gorge that lead to narrow ledges.
- A light pack is provided with your drinks and lunch to be enjoyed in Cathedral Gorge.
- On your return to the airstrip, there is time for refreshments before the scenic flight back to Broome.
- On your return flight to Broome, fly over the spectacular Wunaamin-Milliwundi Ranges, Devonian Reef Conservation Park and Windjana Gorge.
- Morning Tea & Lunch included.
*A reasonable level of fitness and sturdy footwear is required. There are some areas of uneven ground as well as walking on sand in Cathedral Gorge.
For more information on our Bungle Bungle Explorer Tour , call 1300 799 758 now.
You might also like our other Bungle Bungle Tours:
- Bungle Bungle Air Adventure Tour (KAT)
- Bungle Bungle Adventurer Tour (AVI)
- Bungle Bungle Stayover Tour (AVI)
- Bungle Bungle & Lake Argyle Tour (KAT)
- Bungle Bungle Walk & Fly Tour (BA)
- Bungle Bungle Wanderer Helicopter Tour (AVI)
- Bungle Bungle Adventure Safari Overnight Tour
- Bungle Bungle Adventurer Helicopter Tour
You can also explore our INTERNATIONAL CRUISE DEALS.
Call us 7 days a week!
BLUESUN TRAVEL - BEST IN THE INDUSTRY
BlueSun Travel is fully accredited by AFTA and a member of IATA and CLIA. We are the owners of BluesSun2 Boat Charters, BlueSun Cruises, Kimberley Boat Cruises, Galapagos Boat Cruises, and Best Honeymoon Packages. We are widely regarded at the number one marine and charter boat booking agency in Australia.
April - September (unless specified otherwise). Prices depend on a season and are subject to change without notice.