CONFIRMED BOOKING: Your booking is confirmed when:
- you have made the booking, complete with all information required
- we have received your payment or where post departure payment terms are in place
- the booking status is listed as “Confirmed” on the Booking Confirmation email sent to you
The following definitions apply and will be considered a Group Booking. Please refer to the Groups terms and conditions.
- Bookings of 11 or more persons,
- Bookings accompanied by a tour leader (irrespective of guest numbers)
- Bookings where names cannot be provided at the time of reservation (irrespective of guest numbers)
COVID SAFE EXPERIENCES & VACCINATION POLICY
Under the Journey Beyond Covid Safe Policy, guests aged 16 or over travelling on our Soar, Cruise and Overnight Stay, Ultimate Horizontal Falls Luxury Stay and Horizontal Falls & Dampier Peninsula full day tours will be required to produce proof of vaccination or exemption prior to boarding the tour. Failure to produce the required documentation will result in the tour booking being cancelled and no refunds will be issued. Any new requirements mandated by State or FederalGovernment will supersede this policy. Please follow official WA State and FederalGovernment information sources for the latest updates on vaccination requirements
prior to your tour.
BEFORE YOU CAN TRAVEL
All guests must declare their accurate weight at time of booking to ensure safe loading of our aircraft. All guests will be weighed at the airport and may be refused boarding if their weight is over the declared weight and no refunds will be provided. Due to individual seat limitations on the aircraft, we cannot carry passengers weighing 120 kg or greater.
- All weights are recorded in KG’s
Passengers can request to be seated together on the same aircraft; however, this is not guaranteed due to strict weight limits per aircraft. Multiple aircrafts carry passengers on the same tour each day, therefore on rare occasions, larger parties may need to be split up depending on individual passenger weights and prior notice will be given. Children (aged 4-12 years) and parents are guaranteed to always be seated on the same aircraft.
Minimum age for Guests is 4 years and all children must be accompanied by an adult carer.
The boat ride through the horizontal falls may not be suitable for women over 26 weeks pregnant.
FITNESS FOR TRAVEL
You must ensure that you are medically and physically fit for travel. The boat ride through the Horizontal Falls may not be suitable for people with pre-existing medical conditions such as back issues. Before you confirm your booking, you must advise us of any medical or physical condition(s) that may require medical attention, medication, or special treatment during your tour.
If a guest has a condition that we decide may significantly affect the enjoyment, health or safety of themselves or any other person on board, we can refuse or cancel a booking.
Any guests unsure about their fitness for travel should seek medical advice prior to booking.
We strongly recommend that all guests arrange their own travel insurance prior to travel to cover any unforeseen circumstances, cancelation, lost or damaged property and emergency medical treatment.
All dietary requirements must be advised at the time of booking. Whilst we endeavour to accommodate all requests, there is still a risk of cross contamination as all food is prepared in the same kitchen. If in doubt, please contact our Reservations Team directly.
Your luggage must not contain any items which in our opinion are dangerous, illegal, liable to harm or annoy other guests, or are otherwise unsuitable. We reserve the right to deny boarding or eject any Passenger that fails to comply with this clause.
SEASONS, WEATHER AND TIDES
GUARANTEE OF PASSAGE
The Horizontal Falls are a natural phenomenon influenced by fluctuating tides that vary daily. For safety reasons we cannot guarantee passage through the narrow gap on all days.
The Horizontal Falls are a natural phenomenon influenced by fluctuating tides that vary daily. As this is the case, operations only take place when the predicted tidal movements are not neap, to avoid taking guests out when there is the least difference between high and low tide. Neap tide block out dates can be found on our website.
HFSA operates seasonally from March to November 2022 and exact season and individual tour commencement and conclusion dates are subject to change.
No Smoking Policy– All our vessels adhere to smoke free rules in accordance with relevant state government regulations. Unless designated areas have been created and assigned Passengers are not permitted to smoke (including e-cigarettes) on board.
- Passengers must always follow and carry out all lawful directions of the pilot, bus driver, Master and/or crew members of the relevant vessel/pontoon or at any of the Horizontal Falls tour arrival and departure points (hanger, airport, airstrip).
- Passengers must take all reasonable precautions for their own safety and the safety of any person in their care (particularly children). This includes always using hand and guard rails as provided, appropriately restraining children, and ensuring that children are accompanied by a responsible adult at all times and paying attention to the safety briefing given by staff and/or crew members on commencement of tour or activity.
- Neither we, the vessel nor any crew member/staff member shall be held responsible for any loss or damage (including personal injury) suffered by any person, as a result of breach of that person’s safety obligations, or their failure to utilise all safety devices and precautions as provided and/or advised on board the vessel, or caused by any passenger acting in an unreasonable, unnecessary, or unsafe manner.
GUEST AMENDMENTS, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
FARE: The fare for your Tour is the amount stated in your Booking Confirmation, noting that:
- We reserve the right to alter prices, alter itineraries, apply fuel surcharge, cancel departures, arrange alternative transport, and vary itineraries and services if necessary
- All prices are stated in Australian dollars and include GST
- Child fares are for children aged between 4-12 inclusive
- Family rates are for 2 adults and 2 children travelling together
- Prices are valid for travel from 22 March – 11 November 2022
- Marine Park Fees apply and are payable at time of booking
MARINE PARK FEES: Marine Park Fees are payable at time of booking.
To ensure the conservation and preservation of the Lalang-garram / Horizontal Falls Marine Park, and to provide opportunities for Dambeemangarddee Traditional Owner employment, fees apply to all visitors. Horizontal Falls Seaplane Adventures collect fees on behalf of the Marine Park’s joint management body comprising of the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation & Attractions, and the Dambeemangarddee Aboriginal Corporation.
Fees are as follows (subject to change): $5.50 per person for day (or part thereof) visitors $17.00 per adult and $7.20 per child (4-12 years inclusive) for overnight stays and $10.50 per guest older than 5 years for helicopter or fixed wing scenic flights from the Park.
(a) Time of Payment: For all tours we must receive full payment at the time of booking.
(b) Credit Card Payments. A non-refundable transaction fee applies to payments made by credit card as follows:
1.42% – Mastercard & Visa only
(c) Direct Debit If you choose to pay by direct debit our payment details will be provided via Invoice. No Booking and Service fee applies for these payments. Full payment is required within 72 hours of making the booking and remittance advice must be provided to us as proof of payment. Booking confirmation number must be included in the payment reference for tracking.
INCLUSIONS: Your Booking Confirmation sets out the details of all goods/services that are included in your tour.