Now it is possible to see the tip of Australia when you Cruise Cape York Arnhem Land the Torres Straight on the Coral Discoverer. We only offer two cruises each year, as we reposition from the Kimberley. You can pick either Darwin to Cairns or the reverse direction.
SPECIAL: $400 towards hotel accommodation (* T&Cs apply)
Duration: 11 nights
From: Darwin to Cairns (or reverse - see dates on right side)
Cruise: Cape York, Arnhem Land & Torres Strait
View Ship: CLICK HERE
View Itinerary: CLICK HERE
Our expedition across the Tip of Australia offers an immersion into the diverse and ancient Indigenous cultures of remote Cape York, Arnhem Land and the Torres Strait Islands.
On this small ship voyage into prehistoric landscapes, learn about the song-lines and lore that shaped these ancient cultures, allowing your expert guides to interpret your surroundings including the world’s oldest rock art that shows depictions of extinct animals and tells that stories of seafarers long before British colonisation. You will learn how generations have passed down artistic traditions, and how this important cultural legacy is flourishing at world-renown art centres in Yirrkala and Nhulunbuy. Watch Elders share their story through art at Maningrida before sailing to secluded Lizard Island where you will snorkel in azure waters over giant clam gardens and stroll over the white sand beaches of Watsons Bay before taking a tour of Australia Museum’s Lizard Island Research Station, globally recognised as a world-leading research facility on the Great Barrier Reef.
The Cape York and Arnhem Land expedition is a fascinating tapestry that immerses keen explorers in the very best of Australia’s northern coastline.
Guests onboard will explore some of the finest locations of the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef, enjoy sunrise at the very ‘Tip of Australia’ at Cape York, before venturing into the remote Arnhem Land Coast and the rarely visited Tiwi Islands. Join us aboard Coral Discoverer in Cairns for a remarkable 11-night voyage of discovery to Darwin, visiting otherwise inaccessible locations and developing a rich understanding of the culture of the traditional owners of the Torres Strait and Arnhem Land.
At the start of your expedition, choose to swim and snorkel in the clear tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Explore the northern reef and tour the fascinating Lizard Island Research Station to learn how scientists are preserving the reef for future generations. Savour a glass of champagne as the sun rises over the northern ‘Tip of Australia’ on Cape York Peninsula and discover the fascinating history of the Torres Strait Islands.
As you travel west, you’ll meet artists who have exhibited in galleries around the world, and visit remote art centres. You’ll learn of the Macassan sailors of the 17th century as we cruise the Arnhem Land coast, and experience the warm hospitality of the rarely-visited Tiwi Islanders as they share their ancient culture and traditional lifestyles with us.
Discover this amazing wonders of Southern Australia on this roundtrip cruise from Adelaide to Adelaide. There is only one date in the whole of 2021 to enjoy this fantastic cruise.
- Be immersed in the world’s oldest surviving culture in Arnhem Land
- Spend a full day exploring the rugged Cobourg Peninsula for historical ruins and fascinating wildlife
- With a local guide, visit the remote and culturally rich Tiwi Islands
- Learn about Indigenous art at Elcho Island and Maningrida Art Centres
- Stand on the very tip of Australia at Cape York for a champagne sunrise
- Visit Thursday Island and learn about the cultures of the Torres Strait
- Explore Lizard Island and the northern reaches of the Great Barrier Reef
- Discover the Arnhem Land coast, once the trading ground of the Macassan people
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Offer valid until 30 April, 2020. May be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- $400 offer is applicable for Bridge Deck Balcony, Promenade A and Promenade B cabin bookings. $250 is given towards Main Deck A and Main Deck B cabin bookings. Hotel accommodation deals are only valid for hotel bookings made through BlueSun Travel.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- Complimentary Deposit Protection: Automatically applied to your booking.
- Group Saving: On groups of 4 or more passengers. Contact our reservations team for more information on 1300 799 758.
- Xplorers: Past guests save with Xplorers Club benefits.
Kimberley Cruise Options
Feel free to call us about our fabulous Kimberley cruise options. Our crew are experienced guides and will share with you their knowledge of the Kimberley and guide you safely on all excursions.
For more information on the Coral Discoverer Cruise Cape York Arnhem Land the Torres Straight, call reservations on 1300 799 758.
BRIDGE DECK BALCONY
PROMENADE DECK A
PROMENADE DECK B
MAIN DECK A
MAIN DECK B
CAIRNS TO DARWIN CRUISE DATES
04 April, 2021
18 July, 2021
03 April, 2022
DARWIN TO CAIRNS CRUISE DATES
18 June, 2021
22 October, 2021
30 September, 2022