GHAN MOTOR RAIL
Earlier this year, all motor rail services were halted on the Ghan and the Indian Pacific. However, this is soon to be reversed on The Ghan only, while the COVID-19 border restrictions block eastern states movements. Hopefully, this will likely change and the Indian Pacific will come back to life with its own motor rail services too.
For those planning ahead, you will need to submit your car details along with your cabin requests. You need both to even hold a berth on the Ghan. To help you with this process, this is what you will need to provide.
VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- MAKE OF VEHICLE
- HEIGHT – max height of 1.94 m for the Upper Deck/Max height of 1.50 m for the Lower Deck)
- WIDTH – max 2.20 m with mirrors extended
- INNER WHEEL TRACK – must be greater than 92 cms
- OUTER WHEEL TRACK – must be less than 1.90 m
- UNDERCARRIAGE – must be greater than 13 cms
- ADELAIDE to DARWIN – Sundays only
- DARWIN to ADELAIDE – Wednesdays only
Please chat with our Ghan reservations experts to help you with your enquiry. The can be reached seven days a week on 1300 799 758.